You Can Protect Against Dangerous Arc Flash Incidents
An arc flash is a sudden, destructive--and completely uncontrollable--electric arc that occurs in the air space between electrical devices. What happens during an arc flash incident?
- There’s a blinding flash of light.
- In a millisecond, the temperature inside this flash soars to as high as 35,000º.
- A dynamite-level explosion occurs, accompanied by a sound wave that can exceed 160 dB.
- Vaporized metal and shrapnel from disintegrating equipment expels at the speed of a bullet.
And what's the result?
- Death or serious injury to personnel
- Destroyed facilities and ruined products
- Disrupted operations and downtime
- Litigation fees, insurance claims, and regulatory fines
- Emotional trauma and damage to company reputation
Fortunately, with D.L. Steiner’s Arc Flash Hazard Safety Programs, your company can defend itself against the devastating effects of arc flash incidents. Our turnkey programs comply with OSHA and NFPA 70E electrical safety mandates.* Their features include--
- Data collection and analysis by our own in-house engineers and technicians.
- An NEC-level facility electrical safety audit.
- All appropriate electrical safety studies (short circuit, protective device coordination, and arc flash analysis).
- Production of equipment labels imprinted with all pertinent electrical safety information.
- A comprehensive written study report.
- NFPA 70E-based electrical safety training.
* OSHA’s General Industry Standards (29 CFR §1910.333) mandate that employers provide employees with a workplace free of recognized electrical hazards. To define what compliance with these mandates looks like, OSHA relies on NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace.
Two Facility-Specific Arc Flash Safety Programs
D.L. Steiner offers two Arc Flash Hazard Safety Programs: our Industrial Program for electrical systems 480 V or greater and our Commercial and Public Facilities Program for lower-voltage systems. Both help protect your people, products, and facilities to safeguard the future of your company.